What is the best number of Adsense Ads on a page? One of the purposes of our website is to make money online through it, and Google Adsense is currently one of the ways to make money online. At this time, it is particularly important to have a suitable number of ads on the page.
In the middle of Q3 2016, Google lifted its ads per page policy limit. Publishers used to be able to have only 3 ads per page. Now, they can have unlimited AdSense ads on a single page. However, the total number of AdSense ads or third-party ads (such as text, image, rich media, click to download, video, native, and other formats) must not exceed the content.
New to AdSense? See how to make money with it here.
- 1 Adsense Old Ad Limit Policy
- 2 Adsense Current Ad Limit Policy
- 3 Best number of Adsense Ads on a page
- 4 CONCLUSION
- 5 Best number of Adsense Ads FAQ
Adsense Old Ad Limit Policy
- Up to three AdSense for content units
- Up to three link units
- Up to two search boxes.
Publishers may not place more than one “large” ad unit per page. We define a “large” ad unit as any unit similar in size to our 300×600 format. For example, this would include our 300×1050 and 970×250 formats, our 750×200 and 580×400 regional formats, and any other custom-sized ad with comparable dimensions.”
Adsense Current Ad Limit Policy
- More than three AdSense for content ad units on a given page.
- More than three Link ad units on a single page.
- More than one large ad unit per page.
Large ad units include for example 300×600, 300×1050, and 970×250 formats, 750×200 and 580×400 regional formats.
While the limit has been removed, it is essential to maintain the quality of your site and balance between ads and content to achieve a good user experience. Publisher sites should be focused on content rather than ads. Content must be original and should add value. Otherwise, it will violate the Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
Best number of Adsense Ads on a page
The layout of your pages and the length of your article will determine the number of ads to be displayed. Do not put more than 5 ads on pages with short content as this will result in a high bounce rate. Google may also disable ad serving on pages with low-quality content as explicitly mentioned in AdSense Valuable inventory policy.
Best number of Adsense Ads Tips:
It’s always a best practice to use a minimum number of ad units on a page and running them on the placements with high viewability. You may consider the following:
– On a desktop device, you can place a maximum of 4-5 ad units such as the header, sidebar top, in-content, a sidebar sticky, and a footer ad unit for a lengthy post like science/education and novel websites.
– For short content like entertainment/image and gaming websites, it is recommended to stick to 3-4 ad units utilizing the header sidebar and bottom placement.
– On a mobile device, you can only run one ad unit above the fold and 1-2 in-content units and an anchor. Always remember that with mobile implementation, you can’t place two or more AdSense ads that may appear on the screen at the same time.
You can check the links below for the best performing ad sizes:
Flooding your page with ads will not help increase your ad revenue but most likely results in lower CPMs and CTRs. Advertisers will not invest in placements with poor viewability, either. It’s better to keep your ad inventory valuable and optimize your existing ad placements instead of introducing more ad units. This way, you can discover new best-performing ad formats and maximize your ad revenue through them. This is still the most effective way to increase your ad revenue.
In fact, the best number of Adsense Ads sometimes depends on the number of words on your page. When your number of words reaches 2000 words, there will be more ads.
Best number of Adsense Ads FAQ
What is the best number of Adsense Ads per page?
There is no limit to the number of AdSense ads you can show. However, be sure to focus on providing a good user experience and do not place more ads than content on a page. We offer some additional recommendations in our blog post.
Can you choose ads in AdSense?
Yes, you can. You can allow and block certain ads and choose specific ad types to display on your website in different ad locations.
Can I use AdSense with other ads?
Yes, you can run other ads with AdSense.